Friday, April 23, 2010

Questions? Comments?

I welcome questions and suggestions on Format-A-Dex in general  and the FDEX compiler and other tools specifically.   Leave your Q & S as a comment to this post so others may read, benefit and respond.
Note: Comments are moderated to avoid spam-bots.

6 comments:

  1. I find this using the Format-A-Dex easy. I like it because it allows me to see errors easily.
    Do not forget the "back buttons."
    yc

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I notate the volume and issue numbers as well as page numbers when indexing multiple issues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Formata-A-Dex is designed to format only one document at a time. In theory multiple volumes can be formatted into a single index by compiling the indexes into one formatted document. In other words, indexing the indexes. An example of this can be seen at http://algensoc.org/alabama-indexing/.

    Since the on-line version of Format-A-Dex cannot index entries where the page number reference is anything other numerical, the formatting of a multiple volumes is not possible at this time. If you have a special project that requires multiple volume indexing, please contact me and we can discuss a possible solution.

    Sunny Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get a result for a list which is 24,726 lines long. Is there a limit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question. As you can see by the date of this reply I have been away from the project for some time. I have not tested the compiler for a max number but I would expect it would take increasingly longer for longer lists. Perhaps the connection timed out before returning the result. Please note that I have just retired from some projects that have kept me too busy to add more tools to the site and I plan to do that starting next month. I will also test for limits and leave as a report in this BLOG.

      Delete
  5. We need more tools? When are you going to update the site?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome questions